As seen in Martha Stewart Living, the Hi-Tec C is a range of vibrantly colorful needle-nose gel pens. They are a cult favorite, and are very difficult to procure outside of Japan.
- Available in 40 colors. Update! Pilot Japan has discontinued the following colors (once they're gone, they're gone!): Coral Pink, Mango, Sapphire Blue, Sheer Blue, Elegance Pink, Tomato Red, Emerald, Wine Red, Sakura, Benifuji, Bengara, Pompadour, Soda, Ultra Marine, and Lavender.
- Available in three sizes: .3, .4, and .5 mm
- High quality Japanese gel ink
- Hi Tec C 5 Color Set available
- Hi Tec C Cavalier available
- Hi-Tec C Grip available
Additional Images (click to enlarge):
This is the best pen ever!! The .3 writes so smooth and fine. Buying in more colors today! The service and shipping on this site is the best!
These pens definitely live up to the all the hype. I got the .3mm violet and the .4mm sapphire blue (which I'm sad to hear they are discontinuing. It's the perfect dark-not-quite-blue black-blue). I found that the ink in the .4mm flowed a bit more easily than the .3mm. I look forward to trying out some of the other colors!
The 0.4mm Hi-Tec C is the best pen I've found. I read about them, ordered a few out of curiosity, and have not looked back - I have totally switched over. They're perfect for writing and grading in the margins - very fine tip, won't bleed, a pleasure to write with. Very sad that Wine Red is being discontinued!
I was a devout Uniball Signo micro gel ink pen user until I met the Hi-Tec. I LOVE this pen - it writes smoothly and effortlessly. My husband swipes my pens every chance he gets so I've resorted to hiding them. That's how coveted they are in my household! Call me odd but I'm on a mission to collect all the colors. :)
These pens are the BOMB. I had a hard time finding a pen that wrote smoothly and consistently on these chocolate brown envelopes I bought for my wedding. I bought some other gel pen that I found at an art store but the ink was chunky and didn't dry quick enough for my taste. Someone told me about these pens and so happy they did.