Tokyo Pen Shop News
Thanksgiving Place Card Ideas
I’ve been practicing Thanksgiving place cards inspired by autumn leaves and our Uniball Signo Fat craft gel pens. I just love the look of white gel pen on colorful fall leaves. The gold on pomegranate or a deep red maple isn’t half bad either!
Here are some other cool ideas that I hope I have time to pull together before the big meal:
This idea for word search cards fun for young and old found at the My So Called Crafty Life Blog. I’m thinking this is a clever way to send my guests home with a new cool implement, without it seeming too odd!
I also love the idea of giving guests a visual prompt to get them thinking about what they are thankful for this year, like this simple craft from the Abby M Interiors blog.
This all reminds me of the heirloom tablecloth idea I found several years ago from Christy Robbins’ blog. You have everyone at your meal leave their own mark or message. Afterward, you embroider over everyone’s mark and each year your tablecloth becomes more full of memories.
I am going to try it using the Frixion because I know this erasable ink will disappear if I apply an iron to the tablecloth when I’m done embroidering it.
Peruse Previous Pontifications:
- Thanksgiving Place Card Ideas
- Custom Multis Explained
- Handwriting Success
- New Pens to Try!
- Discount and Free Gift to Celebrate Small Business Saturday
- Classy New Products!
- Tokyo Pen Shop Holiday Buying Guide
- Tokyo Pen Shop is pleased to stock Nomadic!
- Join us on Facebook for buying trip updates
- Tokyo Pen Shop Goes To Tokyo
- Choosing Your Daily Pen
- The Lacking and Lackluster Erasable Pen
- Kuru Toga Sweeps the Blogosphere
- Can Highlighting Outshine the Underline?
- The Apica Twin Ring Notebook, Most Advanced Quality
- The Great Pen Debate: Click-Tops vs. Caps
- Creative uses for Uncommon Colors of Ink
- The Redemption of the Feared Red Pen
- Not All Hi Tec C Pens are Created Equal
- The Crimes of Correction Fluid